The pairing of Serenity and Rose Quartz brings a sense of calm and relaxation into one’s home. Rose Quartz is like a gorgeous blush sunset, while Serenity is a naturally calming, ocean blue. Both colors work well in rugs and upholstery, wall paint and decorative accessories. The colors complement one another especially when combined in solids and patterns with different fabrics, bedding, throws and pillows, candles, etc. Here are some of the ways that interior design experts say you can use these shades in your home:
- In the living room, use Pantone’s Serenity to turn the space into an almost coastal, open and airy room, perfect for combatting the stresses of the day. Calm down with soothing baby blues, grey and white combinations. Use accent rugs, throw blankets and pillows, lamps and artwork in peaceful colors. Or try a statement blue armchair or chaise lounge.
- In the dining room, patterned curtains and slipcovers and powdery pastel flower vases and live flowers will make for a welcoming, happy space for dining.
- In the bedroom, mix lively patterns of Rose Quartz and/or Serenity with throw pillows, blankets, headboards, wall paper, etc., balanced with white for an energizing retreat. Or mix shades of one color, like a light blue wall paint with a dark blue comforter, with throw pillows and curtains somewhere in between.
- Blue is great in the kitchen as well. Blue can revive a kitchen as a backsplash color, or in small pops of color, like with a large, bold fruit bowl, blue tableware and blue kitchen towels.
- Guest rooms will be a soothing sanctuary for friends and relatives with clean lines, white linens and the palest shades of blue on the wall and fresh, pink flowers at the bedside.
- If you’re looking for a theme, the ocean/nautical theme works well with the Colors of the Year. What is more relaxing than the sound of the ocean waves and the sun setting over the sea? Bring those sentiments inside with artwork and décor that remind you of the beach.
- In a nursery, these calming blues and powdery pinks will make for a perfectly comforting space for a new baby. Consider broad, pale stripes on the wall or sheer curtains in pastel pinks and blues.
According to Pantone, Rose Quartz and Serenity joins easily with other mid-tones including greens and purples, rich browns, and all shades of yellow and pink, so don’t be afraid to mix things up. Pair warm shades with cool tones to make a space elegant and pleasing. And keep your eyes open in December for the announcement of 2017’s Color of the Year, and have fun all over again, keeping your home thoughtfully modern.
If you’re eager to try out these color combination suggestions in your home, but are currently looking for a new home, Boone Homes has move-in ready Richmond new homes, like those at Bellingham at Twin Hickory or Dominion Park at Wyndham, both in Glen Allen. For more information on these spacious, beautifully appointed homes, call 804-363-7770 or visit www.boonehomes.net.