Summer is officially heating up, and while we love getting out and enjoying the beautiful weather and all the things to do in Richmond, the sunshine and warmer temperatures can have some pretty unfavorable consequences on your home’s monthly energy bill.
According to the National Association of Home Builders, newer homes average $241 a year to maintain while homes built in the 1980’s average $633 annually – that’s more than 2.5 times a newer home. Add that to the increase you’re likely to see during the summer months and you can see why it is important to have energy-efficient features built in to your home.
That’s why Boone Homes is proud to be an ENERGY STAR® New Home Construction Partner. ENERGY STAR® features can help reduce some of the stress that comes along with buying a new home, because you know you are getting quality features while saving money.
Why do we love ENERGY STAR® features so much? One of the main reasons is because of the money they will save you – homeowners with these features can save as much as 30 percent on their energy costs! In addition, these features add value to your home with the latest construction technology that is designed to be more durable, efficient and economical for years to come. When used properly, ENERGY STAR® features can increase the comfort and quality of your new home.
Here are some of the ENERGY STAR® features that Boone Homes provides in your new Richmond home:
- Enhanced insulation in walls, floors, windows and doors to protect your home against leaking air, saving you on heating and cooling costs.
- Energy efficient HVAC installation tailored to suit each home so they can run on optimal cycles for increased efficiency and comfort.
- Radiant roof sheathing that reflects the sun to lower temperatures in your home and increase the efficiency of the HVAC system.
- High-efficiency appliances and lighting to keep costs down as you complete your daily chores.
- Air tight construction that acts like a jacket for your home, keeping the elements out and you and your family comfortable year round.
- Energy efficient Low E windows that reduce the amount of heat and UV light transfer so you, your furniture and your wallet don’t feel the negative effects of the sun this summer.
At Boone Homes, we want to give you peace of mind and confidence that things are done right in your new home. We know that using ENERGY STAR® features will do that and provide your home with enduring quality and better performance; better energy efficiency and performance means lower costs for you as the homeowner. To learn more about our energy efficient features, click here or visit www.BooneHomes.com.
To learn more about Energy Star features, visit www.EnergyStar.gov.