You’re ready to explore the Richmond new homes built by Boone Homes, but you still have to sell your current abode. If you are not in the business of selling homes on a daily basis you may wonder what it takes to complete the process. In today’s economy it may seem that homes only change hands when the seller pays the buyer to take the home. However, this perception is false. Homes continue to sell. Some homes are even getting multiple offers.
So what does it take to sell your home so you can move into one of the new luxury homes in Richmond built by Boone Homes? People in the market place today are asking themselves two main questions:
- Is it a deal?
- Is it a diamond?
Depending on how you want your home to compete with others on the market today, here are a few suggestions:
Diamond: If you decided to come to market with the concept that your home is worth a reasonable price, you must pay attention to some details.
- Neutralize: Those wonderful custom colors and wall paper suit you, but may not speak to your buyer.
- Clean/De-clutter: Your home may be the cleanest on the block, but for about $200 you can hire a service to perform a deep cleaning that will completely transform your home’s appearance. Also, rent a storage unit and move the non-essentials. This will help your home seem bigger and more spacious.
- Curb Appeal: Make sure the outside of your home is as clean and tidy as the inside.
- Representation: If you chose to use a professional Realtor, do your homework. Check with your neighbors, friends, co-workers and maybe even a builder who sees agents every day. It will cost you the same commission to hire the best as it will to hire the worst.
- Price: A home that is overpriced by as little as 3 percent will sit and leave you depressed. The closer you get your home’s price to the market sweet spot, the less waiting and negotiating you will have to do.
Deal: If you decide to come to the market with the concept of making a deal, just be aware that you are competing with foreclosures, distressed properties and bank owned homes. Get ready for lengthy negotiations.
Call Chris Parks at 804-218-7760 to schedule a tour. Or, visit the Boone Homes website for more information.