Local farmers markets are popping up all over Richmond, Va. which means now is a great time to shop local and pick-up some fresh produce, baked goods and other homemade goodies. Not only do you know that your items are coming from local small-scale farmers, but purchasing them also helps support your local economy. When you can receive the freshest goods in town while also helping out the community, who wouldn’t want to start shopping at the farmers market?
Since market season is finally in full swing, here is a list of local markets located just a short drive from your Richmond, Va. home:
- Byrd House Market: 9000 Idlewood Avenue – Tuesdays, 3:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Carytown Farmers Market: 3201 West Cary Street – Sundays, 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Hardywood Farmers Market: 2408 Ownby Lane – Wednesdays, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Lakeside Farmers Market: 6106 Lakeside Avenue – Wednesdays, “dawn to dusk” and Saturdays, 8 a.m. to noon
- Market at First Fridays: 311 West Broad Street – 1st Friday of every month, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Midlothian Mines Farmers Market: 521 Coalfield Road – Saturdays, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- South of the James Market: Forest Hill Park – Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- St. Stephen’s Farmers Market: 6000 Grove Avenue – Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Tom Leonard’s Farmer’s Market: 4150 Brookriver Drive – Every day, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- West End Farmers Market: 4800 Brenman Park Drive – Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 17th Street Farmers Market: 100 North 17th Street – Saturdays & Sundays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Familiarizing yourself with these fresh, local markets gives you the opportunity to not only help support your community, but to explore Richmond and the fantastic opportunities it offers residents.
If you are looking to purchase Richmond real estate, Boone Homes builds beautiful estate and maintenance free homes throughout metro Richmond. For more information on our beautiful homes and communities, visit the Boone Homes website today!