Monday September 28, 2015
From pumpkin spice lattes to visiting the pumpkin patch, fall is officially here! What better way to enjoy the season than to add fall touches to your home? Here are 10 design tips to transform your house into an autumn wonderland:
1. White Pumpkins: Bright, white pumpkins are a unique and classy addition to the traditional red, yellow and orange fall colors. Add them to your fall wreaths or line them down your porch steps to give a crisp, clean look to your fall decorations.
2. Painted Pumpkins: Tired of dealing with messy pumpkin carving methods? Try painting instead! Use metallic paints to give your pumpkins elegance, and paint polka dots, geometric shapes or the traditional Jack-o-lantern grin. Bonus: un-carved pumpkins last longer.
3. Candles: Candles give your home a warm, welcoming glow that instantly creates a fall atmosphere. Buy candles that have rich fall colors and autumn scents, like cranberry, caramel or pumpkin spice.
4. Bring Nature Inside: Add a natural feel to your fall decorations by incorporating outside elements. Items like pumpkins, acorns, gourds, sticks, corn husks, pinecones and crunchy leaves give your décor a rustic outdoor flair.
5. Fall Fabrics: Add some new throw pillows and blankets to your living room this year. Warm colors, such as olive, plum or deep brown, autumn patterns and heavier textures will all lend a fall glow to your home.
6. Paint Your Home: If you’re looking to bring warm autumn colors into your home year-round, try painting accent walls in deep burgundies or golds.
7. Mantle Décor: Don’t forget to decorate your mantle this fall. Add pumpkins, cobweb and skeleton decorations and branches for a spooky Halloween look. For a more grown-up look, incorporate traditional fall décor, such as pumpkins, burlap and dried wheat in classic white, gold and brown.
8. Autumn Garland: Ask friends and family to write down what they’re thankful for this year and string their responses on twine. You can weave this through your Thanksgiving table centerpiece or drape it down a stairway.
9. Fall Curtains: It’s time to swap your light, breezy summer curtains for curtains that add a warmer element to your home. Look for rich colors and heavier fabrics that give a cozy look to your house and complement any autumn throw pillows or blankets.
10. DIY Wreaths: Grab your hot glue gun, because this year is all about homemade wreaths. Try adding burlap, pinecones, mini pumpkins and fall-patterned ribbons to plain wreaths to give your front door a festive autumn look.
Looking for a new home to decorate this autumn? We offer quality-built, personalized homes that will last through every season. For more information about buying a new Boone home in Richmond, call 804-708-5127 or visit www.boonehomes.net.