Monday March 31, 2014
Let’s face it, not many people get excited for spring cleaning. Who can blame them? Tackling the whole house can be quite the project for most people, especially when the weather is finally nice enough to enjoy the outdoors.
Here are some tips for a thorough, yet simple spring cleaning of your Richmond new home:
- Save time, prepare. Before you start cleaning, it is important to make sure you have the products needed to have a successful spring cleaning. Make a list of items you want to clean (rugs, windows, etc.) and then make another list of your preferred cleaning products for each project. No one wants to start cleaning and then stop because they don’t have something.
- Spread it out. While many people like to set aside one day to take care of all of the spring cleaning, it is not necessary. Make a list of each room and spread them out over a week. That way you can spend around an hour a day cleaning and still have time to enjoy the spring weather.
- De-clutter and donate! As you transition your fall and winter wardrobe to spring and summer, take the time to sort through your items. If you haven’t worn something in over a year, then it is a good time to toss it from your closet. If it is gently-used and in good condition, donate it to a local organization.
- Brighten it up. Make sure to clean your windows both inside and out, so that natural light can shine through and brighten up your home. To add to the brightness, you can also update windows, comforters and other linens to exude a more spring-like feel inside your home.
While many people focus on cleaning the interior of their home, don’t forget that spring cleaning is also meant for the exterior of your home! While cleaning the interior may be a pain, residents of Boone Homes maintenance free villas have the luxury of not having to worry about their home’s exterior. As spring begins to move in, residents of our maintenance free communities, such as Bellingham in Twin Hickory and Villas at Grey Oaks, can relax and spend more time enjoying the warm weather.
Through monthly Homeowners’ Association dues, residents can enjoy a wide variety of maintenance conveniences. Some of the services available include:
- Yard maintenance including cutting the grass and seasonal treatments
- Lawn irrigation including all equipment and payment of the water bills
- Annual gutter cleaning
- Exterior painting
- Roof maintenance and replacement
- Weekly trash service
This spring, enjoy spending time outdoors for fun and not on chores. For more information on you can live a maintenance-free lifestyle, visit the Boone Homes website today!