Friday January 29, 2010
These are not the days for a timid soul to be partnering up with anyone but the best in the field. If your trust in your custom home builder, lender, title agent and Realtor is not rock solid, you need to find replacements.
As I rub shoulders with the best real estate agents in the field, I find tidbits of information about what is happening in the real estate community. Some of the news makes the press, like the foreclosure of some developments or the bankruptcy of certain builders, while some news doesn’t see the light of day until it is too late. An example would be news of the builder about to go into foreclosure. For example, if a builder takes a deposit, but cannot finish a home, the buyer has invested in a home they will never live in.
What does this mean to you as a buyer? Your building partners must be reliable. You need to invest in someone who won’t waste your time.
Trust is the secret ingredient. Trust requires plenty of research. Here are some helpful suggestions to help you in your research:
- Talk to existing homeowners, in the community you are researching, about their experience
- Ask the new home builder if they have repeat buyers and what their annual percentage of repeat buyers is
- Ask the real estate agent to give you a list of buyers that would buy from them again
• Ask for opinion from your friends on Facebook
• Follow a builder/agent/lender/title/attorney on Facebook or their blog
• Research current regulations affecting the mortgage industry
Personal Application: Pick a complete team composed of real estate agent, builder, Title Company, lender and attorney based on your research. As we have seen these last few years, the largest company or longest in business isn’t always best. Make the biggest decision of your life based on the foundation of Trust.
Boone Homes has built a name in luxury new homes buy building every home as if it were our own. Come see why Boone Homes has the highest rate of repeat clientele in the Richmond and Roanoke areas.